Monday, April 13, 2009

Solitaire: I play this game a LOT

You'll also notice (if you're observant) that I've posted all of the songs I've ever posted on here in the sidebar, in one place, altogether, so that you can pick any of them to listen to if you've missed some or want to listen to some again. Enjoy, and I love Grooveshark!



Endless games of solitaire

Only illustrate how little I care

About the way I spend my time.

Seeking ways to make words rhyme,

I spend too long inside my mind.

My thoughts are as decaying

As a rotting melon rind.

I watch as my life turns old,

Like hair goes graying;

There’s nothing I can find

To make me glad,

And no one who will hold

Me close enough to staunch the myriad

Doubts and fears I hide.

Places where I used to fit

Have become like torment.

Minute by minute and bit by bit

I’ve slipped away, now discontent

With the life I’ve always known.

Do I have the power to disown

Everything I’ve ever thought?

I’m cautious of being caught

By the eyes of everyone I see.

I don’t know if I’ll ever break free.

1 comment:

  1. Peter,

    "And no one who will hold
    Me close enough to staunch the myriad
    Doubts and fears I hide."

    HA. More like YOU won't let yourself be held.
    You are your greatest restrictor.

    It is my sincerest hope that you will know freedom someday.

    Marion

    ReplyDelete